13th of March 2017
Meet the community leaders who are building space entrepreneurial ecosystems around the world. We want to get an overview of our collective progress and figure out how different regions can better coordinate efforts to help startups grow businesses.
- Krzysztof Kanawka - CEO of Blue Dot Solutions (Central Europe)
- Dang Wei (党炜) - Founder and CEO of CISS Technology (China)
- Valery Komissarov - Portfolio Manager at Skolkovo Foundation (Russia)
- Yiannis Kiachopoulos - Technical Advisor at New York Center for Space Entrepreneurship (USA)
- Izan Peris Martí - Co-founder of Disrupt Space (Moderator)
What are your challenges to accelerate to get to market and scale your business? And how can industry partners, investors and public institutions help you overcome these challenges? This workshop is the opportunity for space founders to write a wishlist for their startups, together with the partners who can make them come true.
What is the current business climate for space startups in Europe and how can Germany contribute towards making Europe a world-class hub for space entrepreneurship? Hear the answers from the Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy Brigitte Zypries and the co-founder of Planet Robbie Schingler.
These are the companies and organizations disrupting sectors from agriculture to finance by using space data. Benefit from an end user-centric approach to learn how space data can help your business.
- Pascal Weinberger - Co-founder and CTO of Gaia Solutions
- Rafal Modrzewski - Co-founder and CEO of ICEYE
- Robbie Schingler - Co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Planet
- Laura Moreno Patricio - Director of Business Development at Starlab
- Steven Ramage - GEO Senior External Relations Manager (Moderator)
Global connectivity through satellite constellations is posed to transform how we interact with every thing in our daily life. Explore how space and the Internet of Things (IoT) are merging together through the work of pioneering startups and service providers in this area.
- Coen Janssen - Co-founder and CFO of Magnitude Space
- Fabien Jordan - Co-founder and CEO of ELSE
- Christof Deringer - Business Development Manager at KASKILO
- Vincent Sabot - Vice President of Channels at Sigfox
- Amaresh Kollipara - Founder and Managing Partner / Special Projects at Earth2Orbit / Oculus (Moderator)
Continue to mingle in the evening over a BBQ dinner and celebrate space entrepreneurship through drinks and storytelling.
The workshop will introduce investors to investment opportunities in the commercial space tech sector, with a focus on opportunities being created by space startup community present at the Disrupt Space Summit.
- New business models at the interface of the space industry and the digital economy
- Disruptive technology trends
- Start-up ecosystem and entrepreneurial landscape in Europe
- Investment challenges in the space tech sector
- Rainer Horn - Managing Partner of SpaceTec Capital
Design is an integral part of any successful company. Developing a strong brand can inspire loyalty from your customers and trust within your audience – this is particularly important for companies who regularly blow things up. Learn how to utilize simple design and branding strategies to strengthen your company.
- Andrew Sloan - Creative Director & Founder of Cosma Schema
Astronauts need space suits. You need intellectual property law. But what, when, where and how? Learn from legal professionals at this workshop how to outfit yourself and your firm for business in deep space and beyond. Whether earthbound or exploring the universe, law is indispensable to protecting, exploiting and preserving your collected data, your technical lead, your trademarks - and your firm's reputation. IP Law: Don't leave Earth without it. Sign up today!
- Markus von Fuchs - CEO of SKW Schwarz
How can space startups best work with corporates? What are the lessons learned from other sectors that can be applied for space startups? This panel will delve into the nuances of corporate partnering.
Learn from leading investors about what they look for when considering investment opportunities - and why they may be the best investor partner for your startup.
Short introduction and right on to Q/A!
Leading thinkers and business persons will give insights into disruptive ideas that will help turn the Solar System into our backyard. We look to the future and try to break these ideas down into commercial opportunities.
This workshop will address how Airbus works with startups. We'll focus specifically on what Airbus Ventures looks for in the field of space, how we differ from other CVCs, how we evaluate investment opportunities and applications from startups. We'll give examples of our portfolio companies and how we engage with those companies after investing in them. We'll end the workshop with a Q/A session.
François Auque - Chairman of Airbus Ventures Investment Committee
Find out from the European Commission what opportunities exist for space related startups. Opportunities presented will include the EU Start-up initiative, the SME instrument as well as ongoing relevant calls under Horizon 2020. Moreover, the Galileo and Copernicus Masters, as well as the Galileo Incubator and Copernicus Accelerator will be presented, as means for startups to develop their business ideas.
Thibaud Delourme - Team Leader at the European Commission
* Note that the schedule is preliminary and is subject to change