- The Disrupt Space team includes three space professionals as core members and two advisors from the space sector. The team is international, interdisciplinary and are all International Space University alumni.
- The team organized StartupWeekend Space events in Bremen and Shanghai in April 2015 to challenge entrepreneurs to create space startups in 60 hours. From the Bremen event, two teams have founded companies in Bremen and two others are considering incorporation.
- The City of Bremen subsequently committed a grant for the Disrupt Space team to make recommendations on how to become the international hub for space entrepreneurship in Europe.
- As part of the work conducted for the City of Bremen, the first Disrupt Space Summit was organized in April 2016. The summit connected 200 entrepreneurs and decision makers from 19 countries to collaboratively solve today's industry and sustainability problems using space.
- Riding on the success of the first summit, the team expanded to Berlin to continue its mission to build a global hub for entrepreneurs to create and grow space startups, to foster international collaboration and to help break down barriers between space and other sectors.
The Disrupt Space Summit is an annual event designed to connect entrepreneurs with decision makers and investors to collaboratively solve today's problems using space.
The event begins on Tuesday morning the 14th of March with an opening keynote, followed with the “Disruptor of the year” award and interview. After the award, representatives from space startup ecosystems around the world will come on stage to conduct a collective brainstorm with the audience.
In the afternoon, time is dedicated to demonstration sessions where startups showcase their products and services to decision makers and investors at their stations. The Demo Sessions will continue throughout the whole day simultaneously with afternoon panels and themed workshops. The day ends with a relaxed evening dinner and networking event.
On Wednesday, the day starts with a keynote and morning panels. Meanwhile startups have the chance to build on relationships forged during the first day with further demo sessions that will continue until the closing and with private meetings for those who wish to leave the summit with concrete leads.
The summit focuses on innovation, entrepreneurship and the strengthening of a sustainable and well connected community. Whether you are already working in the commercial space sector or have never heard of it, the Disrupt Space summit is the perfect environment for you to get a more thorough understanding of the potential of commercial space.
- Short: This March, decision makers and investors will meet with the most promising space startups to collaboratively solve today's problems using space.
- Long: On 14-15th March, decision makers and investors will meet the top 50 startups to collaboratively solve today's problems using space. Entrepreneurs: Don’t miss the chance to showcase your startup and forge important relationships for your new businesses. Decision Makers and Investors: learn about the services and products the space startups have to offer and get the opportunity to seize lasting business opportunities.
Follow us on Social Media and stay updated with the most recent space news and opportunities as well as summit news!